The article talks about how to choose the right gear for catching zander in the summer. What artificial bait is used. Wiring methods, which of the proposed is most effective. How to fish for pike perch after hooking.
Sudak loves pure and oxygen-rich water. Zander can be met only in clean rivers in areas with a depth of more than 1.5 meters with a hard bottom. Favorite places of zander are steep banks, areas with sharp drops in depths, deep holes littered with snags, logs or large stones.
Pike perch refers to nocturnal predators and this is important to consider when setting out to catch it. The best time for fishing is the first hours of sunset, before dusk and morning dawn. At night, the pike perch will peck, but only in the full moon and subject to calm, calm and warm weather.
In the summer you can catch zander on various options of natural shades. Zander reacts best to sinking wobblers that look like a perch. You can also try to catch a predator on silicone or foam lures. Good results can be obtained by using oscillating or rotating baubles as bait. If the activity of zander is weak, you can try a dead fish, which is mounted on a hook in the same way as a silicone bait.
We select tackles for catching zander in the summer
Let's start with the spinning. So, it is recommended to choose a rod of medium hardness, the length is determined individually in each case, it all depends on the fishing conditions. It is also important to consider the type of lures that will most often be used. An excellent option for catching pikeperch using lightweight lures is ultrafast. You can also consider quivertip spinning, the advantage of which is the soft tip. The latter are sensitive and allow you to timely notice the weakest touch of the predator on the bait. If the choice will be made on the basis of the manufacturer, it is best to dwell on spinning rods whose production was carried out by St. Croix, Daiwa, Lamiglas or Garbolino.
Now about the coil
You can use the following two options: non-inertial and inertial. There are no special requirements for the coil, the main thing is that it should be light (read more about choosing a coil here). An ordinary fishing line can be wound on a spool of a reel, or a braided cord is preferable to the latter (read here about the choice between them). If you plan to use a fishing line, it is better to stop the choice on a diameter not exceeding 0.3 mm.
Features of the wiring
The success of catching a zander will largely depend on how correctly it is possible to choose the technique of wiring. When fishing for zander in the summer, the following methods remain most effective:
• For demolition. It is used for catching zander on the course. The bait is thrown in front of itself and as it is demolished, the line is rewound.
• Uniform. After casting, the bait is pulled to the angler at a constant speed. It is important when wiring that the bait should touch the bottom surface and not tear off it to a height of more than 10 cm.
• Stepped. After casting, the bait is allowed to completely sink to the bottom, after which several turns are performed followed by a pause, the duration of which depends on the activity of the predator.
• “Surplyas” this type of posting is carried out when fishing from a boat in the course. After casting, the bait is not pulled, the game is given to it due to short and sharp twitches with the tip of the spinning rod.
• Bottom wiring is used when fishing for zander using the following equipment. The load is installed on a branch leash, the length of which should be at least 0.1 meters, the bait to the main fishing line is attached through a leash 0.8-1 meter long. After casting, the bait is pulled smoothly, it is important that the load constantly touches the bottom surface. In this case, the bait will move freely, after being constantly at the same height. As a rule, silicone or foam fish are used, which are mounted on an offset hook.
As you can see, there are enough options for postings that can be used when fishing for zander, but stepwise is the most effective especially for summer fishing. The best results can be obtained if it is carried out as follows. Casting, the bait falls to the bottom, after this there is a pause lasting from 2 to 5 seconds, two full turns of the reel pause again and so on until a bite follows.
How to fish for zander after hooking
After hooking, even large pike perch practically does not resist, and without special difficulties, of course, if it is securely hooked, it is possible to bring it to the net. However, this does not mean that the fish will surrender completely without a fight. Once on the hook, the pike perch immediately tries to go into snags or at least closer to the stones. If he succeeds, then the chances of success are significantly reduced, since the fish can get entangled in underwater shelters and then easily get off the hook. Therefore, as soon as you feel that the pikeperch is hooked, you should immediately raise the tip of the rod and make the fish rise to the surface.
It is important to remember that a pike perch is a lazy and fast-moving target rarely attacks, only if it turns out to be too hungry. There is a better chance that the predator will react to the bait, only if it moves slowly with long pauses. At the time of the attack, the pike perch does not always grab the bait with its mouth, quite often it simply presses its lower jaw to the bottom at the time of a pause. This can be seen by the sharp movement of the tip of the spinning rod, it is at this point that you should perform a cut. If this is not done, then zander is unlikely to become your prey.