Now it’s not about fishing, but about why the fishing line is torn. We'll talk about braid later, but now about the most ordinary fishing line, which is used by a huge number of fishermen. And it doesn’t matter, summer or winter in the yard, you are a fisherman or a pro, the fishing line is torn by many. The only thing is that people with experience know some nuances and they already have certain actions fixed at the level of automatism that prevent fishing line breakage. Beginners, just have to experience everything and find out.
The theme of the cliff is Lesky and interesting, since there is nothing worse when the fishing line breaks when a trophy is so desired. And often, you have to blame only yourself.
So, below I will list some considerations, so to speak, notes of my years, which, in my opinion, lead to damage to the fishing line.
What can cause the fishing line to break and how to avoid it
1. When tying a knot, the fisherman forgets to moisten the tightening place with water or saliva. If you do not moisten the area, at the stage of tightening a local temperature increase occurs, the fishing line in this area is slightly stretched, it becomes thinner. The result - when loading the fishing line breaks right here.
2. Improper storage of gear: in the sun, in the cold. Everything is clear here, in the first case the influence of ultraviolet and high temperature, in the second case - low temperature, especially if the forest is also tightly wound on a reel. Outwardly, the fishing line seems normal, but loses its quality.
3. If you plan to store the fishing line for a long time (for example, preserving it for the winter), at least a couple of times you need to rewind it on the reel during storage, while you should not pull the fishing line very much.
4. Many fishermen, when you need to "bite off" a piece of scaffolding, use a cigarette or a lighter. The method is good. But sometimes, by chance, slightly singe, without noticing naturally, the main forest. A fraction of a second is enough for the fishing line to lose its qualities, although outwardly it will practically not change.
5. If the rod has old access rings, nicks and burrs may form on the fishing line. Please note, sometimes with a low-quality logger, this can happen. Naturally, in these areas the fishing line will be torn, and if the fishing line is thin, then the formation of a beard is possible.
6. Fishing in the city, where colorful spots (products of the petrochemical industry) are noticeable on water bodies even with the naked eye, does not affect the fishing line in the best way. The process is slow, but in combination with other factors, the fishing line may lose in reliability.
7. If there was a hook, and the fisherman for a long time created tension on the fishing line, pulled the fishing rod, then it is likely that some section of the fishing line (especially in areas where bends are formed: on access rings, for example) can give slack at the most crucial moment.
8. The fishing line can be torn with strong jerks and loads that are observed exactly at the time of casting, especially when using heavy baits and loads (feeders, for example).
9. If you store a fishing line with spinning lures, there is always a risk that sharp hooks at least once, but prick a bobbin with a forest. And this is the reason for the future gap.
10. Well, last, the quality of the fishing line. You can talk about quality for hours, but there are coarse fishing lines, not elastic, but there are soft, flexible ones that, when bent, immediately assume their original state, that is, they do not bend like a flexible wire. In addition, there are fishing lines that have a larger and lower stretch ratio. Accordingly, the worst quality forests, under equal conditions, breaks faster. But, this is already a rhetorical question, since it is not so simple to determine the quality of the line without special devices in place.
I hope this information will be useful to you, since knowing the risk factors, you can always pre-warn the negative impact. Good luck and all the best.