Some available fishing line tips
No matter how high-quality the tackle is, over time it becomes worthless. And this is understandable, because there is nothing eternal. But this is not the main thing, it is much more important to properly care for your tackle, because this is what is the determining factor in successful fishing. For example, you can buy a rather expensive and high-quality fishing line that, with proper care, could last 2-3 seasons, and in the absence of the latter, at best it will be possible to catch the whole season on it. It just seems that the gears are durable. It is known that even minor scuffs and excesses on the fishing line can cause the line to break in these places. So, when fishing for pike, often on the lower sections of the fishing line there are microscopic burrs, which diverge when loading the tackle, which entails a break. In addition, kinks can be found on the fishing line, sometimes the fishing line is twisted, squeezing and many other mechanical damage. After almost every fishing trip, an experienced fisherman inspects all the tackle in order to exclude “pleasant” surprises in the future. Naturally, when the season comes to an end, this inspection must be carried out again.
I’ll try to tell you what you need to pay attention to, so that the fishing line lasts longer, and you were confident in your gear.
1. After each fishing, inspect at least the first 2-3 meters of fishing line (starting from the bait). It is in these places that damage is often observed, which in the future can cause the trophy to gather. In case of detection of such damage, it is better to cut off the damaged area.
2. Even a high-quality fishing line or cord lasts no more than 2-3 seasons, after this time, it is better to change the tackle, as it “gets tired”, and “sections of weakness” invisible to the eye appear in the forest and breaks in the future.
3. To avoid twisting the fishing line, it can be lowered into the water in an unwound state, and then not wound tightly onto an inertial reel (inertial reels do not twist the line). In this condition, the tackle can be stored (remember that the fishing line must dry, after which it can be safely placed in a storage box).
4. It is best to store fishing line and cords at home, but not in the sun. By the way, high and low temperatures (below zero) adversely affect the working qualities of the fishing line.
5. Dry air adversely affects the quality of the fishing line, so humidity should be optimal. Home conditions (especially the bathroom) fully meet these requirements.
6. Remember, the more knots on the fishing line, the weaker it is. That is why, if possible, try to use various knotless fasteners (this is especially true for fluorocarbon woods) do not knit knots thoughtlessly.
I recommend to read:
Akara Forest Overview
7. To stay with the fish, it is recommended to cut 1-1.5 meters of fishing line before each fishing. It is these areas (in front of the bait) that take the entire main blow of the load and negative factors (fish teeth, fins, bottom stones, shells, etc.)
8. If the fishing line is not used for a long time, it can be wiped with glycerin or vegetable oil (I do not fill the fishing line with oil, but pass it through a cotton swab that I moisten with oil).
In general, fishing is a process, love. And you need to treat your loved ones with attention and respect. Therefore, knowing some of the subtleties of storing fishing line, be sure that when biting, the tackle will withstand all the blows, and you will enjoy a great time. All the best to you.